Sunday, November 15, 2009

you can lead a horse to water...


but you cant make him walk. Ozzie turned 14 months last week and he has definitely been busy this past month, FINALLY learning to crawl (sort of, actually he scoots and 1 knees it but whatever, he's mobile) taking his first REAL first steps. I say real because he's been scaling the furniture and walls and everything for quite a while now, but he is pretty wussy venturing out on his own. if i'm walking with him, as SOON as i think about letting go he sits down. what a stinker.

we lowered his crib this week, which makes me laugh actually that it was up high for so long, we lowered Gretas at 7 months. other than that he is still such a funny little guy, and so boyish. hitting everything with a hammer as hard as he can, chucking balls at my head, teasing his sister cause he knows she'll get upset(seriously, he does) and dancing lots, but only to music that has a good beat. If i put on kid stuff he screams. which leads me to my next point. SCREAMING!!! ozzie has quite the temper. he can light up about nothing and go into a crazy screaming outrage in t-minus last year. also, he picked up a brilliant trait from mommy called holding his breath when hes mad. now i know almost all kids do this to an extent,but Ozzie holds his for so long, until the point where you think you should start shaking him so he'll take in some oxygen so he wont have brain damage long. its scary. and yet, funny.

this month also brought on our dreaded trip to the allergist. we figured Ozzie was definatley sensitive to a few things so we had our doctor refer us....4 months later we had our appointment. Ozzie was already super tired when we got there cause it was right during his morning nap, then he had a weird new doctor trying to be his friend, and giving him a scratch test. so all in all he wasnt happy. neither was I. So far(cause thats all they tested for) hes allergic to egg whites, egg yolks, milk and peanuts. BOO! times a million. I know lots of kids are allergic to things these days, and yes, theres a good chance he'll grow out of some of it...But heres why i'm annoyed.
a) I LIVE for all things dairy..milk cheese yogurt icecream...did i mention cheese? and it bothers me not to share these delicious gems with my little boy
3) So much for nursing him until he was pracitaclly saying "mommy milk please" okay, just kidding. but he was a year old and that is good in my books, and isnt that supposed to help with allergies?
q) and last but not least..WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO MAKE FOR DINNER??? for real. just about everything we eat on a regular basis is riddled with milk or eggs, and i'm sorry but SOY milk is barf in my mouth. i consider myself a pretty tollerant person when it comes to food tastes, but i cant do it. in baking, fine. but in cooking..gag.

Anyways, its worse for me than ozzie, and i'm totally ranting here, but obviously hes doing fine and is growing and eating like a maniac, so life goes on.

speaking of, today was the first time i've attended Relief Society in approx. 5 years. no offense, but it was brutal. Not RS itself. everything was great, the music, lesson, talking with adults for a change, the old ladies vibrato etc. i love all of that. but I was DYING in the back feeling like i needed to be somewhere doing or teaching something. its gonna take awhile to adjust i think. It didnt help that i had so many Primary kids come up to me today and give me hugs and say we miss you Sister Jahn, and make me pictures in sacrament meeting. It was so cute. I am enjoying my new calling though, its just so different being behind the scenes, planning, meetings and such. i'm sure there's lots i need to learn.

okay, that's enough.

8 comments:

  1. seriously krystyn if i was one of your primary kids i would be picketing outside the RS door. i'm currently in primary and good help is really hard to find! i hope your new calling can challenge you in a good way! as for Ozzie, so bummed out for you, i would choose starvation if i had to give up cheese...i'll pray he quickly out grows this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo for all those allergies, that is horrible, poor kid and poor mommy! I wish I had some dinner suggestions, but I have no idea what I would make either, good luck! And on the walking thing, 14 months sounds early to me, Jayna was 17 months and Kepler 15 1/2 months before they started walking, but it does make life a little easier for a while! When are we ever going to get together? Operation roomie reunion needs to be in full swing as of now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The music was not great in RS, you lied. And those allergies? I feel for you! At least he is taking steps, good job Oz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the girls are still confused about why the heck you're not their music teacher anymore. sad. really.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Krystyn,

    I have a good friend here that can't have any dairy and I don't know how they do it. It's amusing to read your posts. Thanks for sharing. Tell Dick I say hi. Phil Harvey

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your title, aint that the truth with ozzie. He's so cute, i love that he is sooooo super fast scaling the furniture, haha

    and yes NO ONE will ever top you in Primary, but it was fun having you in RS seriously i can see how it would be weird, it was even weird seeing you in there..

    ReplyDelete
  7. i will miss you so much in primary! you did such a great job. boo for ozzie and boo for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. he's too cute! tragic about the dairy allergies. i think i would be half my size if it weren't for dairy. :)

    ReplyDelete